Thursday, October 29, 2009

Life seems to be looking up...

On the work front, life seems to be looking up. New roles. New responsibilities. New opportunities to grow. Feels real good after a looooong time! I was starting to feel like taking a short break from the daily routine. But then, as I said earlier, man proposes, boss disposes. Suddenly I have been involved in a good project that I'm loving working on. Maybe because its a friend's dream project and I seem to sneaking into a significant role in it. I am really thirsting some real challenge in this one. Let's see how it turns out.

On the home front, it ain't life as usual. Mom's off to a wedding in Jodhpur and from there she plans to go to Ahmedabad for a month or so. She loves being there but we do miss her here. And since my kid's having a vacation, wife's off to my in-laws till the weekend. So, though I usually enjoy such short breaks as a bachelor, I am somehow not coming to enjoy it this time around. Maybe because I haven't played enough carrom with my kid this vacation.

Aah..!!! How can I forget this...saw some amazing snaps of Mumbai-Lonavala trip of my in-laws yesterday. The pix simply rock! The credit goes to all my elderly in-laws who went adventurous for the shutter-bug even at a ripe age. Also saw some first-hand snaps of the famous Amby Valley. The place looks grand but not as impressive as the promos showed it to be. I think the trick is that they have built things larger than life and that's what the hype is all about. It has six swings hung onto very tall piers. Then it has a massive chariot pulled by four roaring lions, again larger than life. And then it has a dam built within its expanse to create a big lake. And that's about it. But it all looks good for a one-day picnic which is surely not worth a trip all the way from Mumbai.

And thus, a lonely life goes on without much worth describing happening in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment