Tuesday, October 13, 2009

a day wasted, thanks to a chameleon...

Sometimes, we start a day with great hope and end up in utter disgust. It truly hurts when respectable gentlemen, who have behaved like friends so far, suddenly start showing no qualms while white-lying. Such was the experience that awaited me today in Ahmedabad. I regret that I am unable to disclose details about the incident due to professional reasons else I would have shared this experience with you all to inarguably demonstrate the depths to which sometimes even the very highly placed people plunge themselves.

I spent my entire evening thinking of the day's incidents. When I left Rajkot today morning for Ahmedabad, I was in a pretty good mood. So because an important assignment awaited me down the hours. But strangely, things kept on going wrong at every step, almost as if destiny was trying to foretell the remains of the day. Not that all these events were related to each other but somehow I sincerely wish that something should have gone right today; something that would have made my waking up today worthwhile. Not that I detest failures - of course they are a part and parcel of our lives. But failure due to somebody else's betrayal or cowardice is somehow unpalatable, however, predictable such behaviour may have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment